INDEPENDENT LEARNERS

'O Allah increase me in knowledge,
amin.'


Saturday 29 December 2007

Why have I chose home schooling?

Assalamu alaykum,
the choice to home school was not at all a CHOICE! I felt like I had it to because there was no any other choice out there for my kids education. We tried public school for one year with A. when he was only 3 years old and it didn't work.We tried Muslim school for one year again with A. when he was 5 years old and it was too expensive and we were not really getting all that we required for A. education. So then what???? Then Home Schooling came along.
Yes, we all do home educate our kids daily, even those children who attend school are still getting education at home in same ways or another; it is not like homeschooling 24/7 but still an education. When I am asked for how long I have been home educated my kids, I do always answer since birth because I have been teaching them since they were born.
But home schooling is another matter!
We 'officially', as I like to call it, started to HOMESCHOOL when A. was 6 years old and S. was 3 years old. That makes us 1 1/2 years old into homeschooling. Still long to go insh'Allah.

The first few months were hard and felt like to give up any minute but as days passed and life carried on, we felt stronger in our decision and happier. We heard about other families' stories about education in UK and felt we were blessed with what we chose.
We are now deep into the heart of homeschooling and love it! Kids are learning so much and are much happier than ever before. They are enjoying their freedom in learning, mash'Allah.
So homeschooling became my choice when I realized that it was the best for my kids at this time and age. Hamdulillah for what Allah has bestow upon us.
May Allah always keep it in this way.Amin

0 comments: