INDEPENDENT LEARNERS

'O Allah increase me in knowledge,
amin.'


Friday 28 December 2007

Daily chores

Assalamu alaykum,
I like my kids to learn about everything in life, everything within the boundaries of Islam. That includes domestic daily chores. A. is always so helpful and he very much loves to help around the house. He is learning how to cook simple dishes from boiled eggs to pasta. Just easy recipes that we can do together, of course. We are using the book from the CBBC series 'Big Cook, Little Cook' It's an easy recipes book with lots of lovely colourful pictures.
A. has also started doing the washing up. Her asked me once if he could and I told him not because I didn't want him to do too much too soon. He kept on asking me few times and so I allowed to wash only the breakfast dishes for now.
S. is helpful too in his own little way. I cannot ask too much from him as he is still too young.
But he is always ready to help. he can sort his toys out, feed the fish and clean the terrapin. He can also dust the floor with easy to use floor wipes! Mash'Allah! I am of the opinion that kids should be taught how to clean not matter if boys or girls. They have to learn how to clean and help around the house. It is part of our deen too. "Cleanliness is half of the faith"
Wa alaykum assalam

0 comments: