INDEPENDENT LEARNERS

'O Allah increase me in knowledge,
amin.'


Saturday 29 December 2007

ME Time!

Assalamu alaykum,

well, this is one thing that most homeschoolers do not like to tell you about. Hamdullilah it's nothing to be afraid of, but to acknowledge.

Yes I am talking about the ME TIME! When you are homeschooling 24/7 there is no much time to take care of yourself. I am hearing this a lot from other sisters who, like myself, home school full time.

Each and every one of us will need sometime alone to get refreshed and relaxed, even if it's only for 1 hour.

As homeschoolers we need that ME TIME more than anybody else.

I have my ME time in the evening after kids have gone to bed and the house is quite. When everything around me it 's resting, the house is clean, the kids sleeping peacefully, the house is calm....Hamdulillah! I can enjoy reading Qur'an, books, or just read an article while online. Chat online with a sister, talk to my family at the phone, have an hot bath, have a cup of herbal tea and just refreshed my head and relax my body. It's important for me and my well being.

I know of sisters having the ME Time in the early morning, just before Fajr. Some other sisters told me they have the ME time once a week when the husband is at home and they can finally go out to visit friends and family without kids! Hamdulillah!

And you when are you having your ME time?Have you made a schedule that include some time with yourself only? Think about it for a minute and see if during the 24 hours you have some time when you can really be with your own.

I am off now for some ME Time...goodnight!

Wa alaykum assalam

0 comments: