INDEPENDENT LEARNERS

'O Allah increase me in knowledge,
amin.'


Monday 4 January 2010

Our holidays in pics!

Assalamu alaykum,
the almost 3 weeks out of school are now over. Kids are back to school and I am back to my normal routine. During the past 3 weeks we have been busy catching up visiting places we love such as the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, the Transport Museum and of course more local to us, Discover!
Kids had the opportunity for the first time to ice-skate and to my surprise the younger one was the best at it! Mash'Allah :)
Days have passed by so quickly and I didn't have any time to stop and sit. There has been a constant use of the Internet. Kids have discovered new websites such as Education City and E-Learning.
Qur'an and Arabic has been on as usual and S. is almost at the end of Juzz Amma with recitation as well as tajweed. Mash'Allah tabarkallah!

Now I have been having big issue with my eldest to get him pray and sincerely this time I don't know what to do. I have tried them all but every time it is the same answer 'No'. I really need some help here. When I call him to pray he seems always too busy and too careless to think about praying. I have explained to him how important it is to pray and how much rewards he will have if he keeps up with his prayers. I haven't asked him yet to pray 5 times a day. Although when he used to be 7 he used to pray all his prayers no problem. In a way i knew things would change with years passing and I see others sisters struggling with their kids too. But what to do? I fear that by next year when he will be 10 he won;t be ready to pray his 5 prayers and that would make my life harder and bitter.
I need some tips to help him and help me to understand what I should do. Insh'Allah.
Please do make duas for my child.

for now
wa alaykum assalam
x

fajr time mash'Allah!
Chicken pie. Kids helped with the pastry. Comfort food for cold days.
Making an ice cave at Discover.
One of the many activities for the kids during the holidays.
Baby's making his very own ice cave using loads of glue! :)
The spoon activity. S. loves this one every time we go to Discover.
Baby dressed as a chick so cute mash'Allah!
My three boys, all dressed up to impress :))
'Suburbia' a new area at the Transport Museum
Some well-deserved rest after a day at the Museum
Ummi, I got lost! Where to now?
Beautiful coach, old style. Imagine it used to run in Oxford Street!!
So cute!
Baby gangster with his favourite drink...:)
Pure fun and sweating at the ice rink.
I enjoyed the most sitting warmly at the cafe' just above
the ice rink with a hot cup of choc.Yum!
S.pet, Hammy!So sweet and a very intelligent pet.

2 comments:

UmmUsama said...

Bismillah
salam warahma sorella cara,
jazakillahu khayran per questo sito, non tradurresti qualcuno dei tuoi testi in italiano inshaAllah? Sai che la Ummah italiana e' un po' a corto di materiale per la scuola familiare... c'e' praticamente solo il blog di Mujahida (alhamdulillah!) !!
Un bacio ai bimbi e non dimenticate i du'a, BarakAllahu fiki wasalam aisha

ummrashid said...

Salaam,
About the salaah, I would suggest going through the topics of tawheed and the reason we are on this Earth again, rather than going on about the salaah itself, inshAllah. They really need to feel the need to do their salaah from the bottom of their heart.
I had a hamster just like that when I was a child. It was called Squiff.