INDEPENDENT LEARNERS

'O Allah increase me in knowledge,
amin.'


Sunday 17 August 2008

The two greats!

Assalamu alaykum,
went to this course today. Hamdulillah I am back at home with lots to share with my family all and specially lots to tell to my kids. We do fill our kids with lots of TV junk as I like to call it! Our kids do know all about their superhero on TV and can tell you who,when, where, what and why of each one of them toons characters! But if you ask them about great personalities in Islam, they may just mention few Prophets if lucky. Subhan'Allah! I feel the urge to instill the knowledge and love for these greats in Islam to my kids. Insh'Allah.


I highly recommend if you can, to read to your kids about these two great personalities as they are so inspiring! Also a great book to read above all about Sheik Ibn Taymeeyah 'Letters from prison'.

Mash'Allah the course was intense and yet again gave us only a small insight of the two greats. Lots more there is to read and learn about these great Shuyuk.

I was so moved about the tests both Shuyuk have to endure during their lives and how well they both cope: steadfast, hope, fear, love, and believe only in Ar-Razzaq.

0 comments: